How to use notepad(or any text editor) for creating a SlideShow ? Say, there’sa situation, your boss (senior) asks you to create a slideshow for some presentation, you don’t have your laptop, tab or smartphone and the one you have, there’s no slideshow s/w is Installed. But still you can impress your boss lets go with this tutorial for creating simple and instant SlideShow without even using PowerPoint or any such s/w for such
The steps goes as below:
- Open Notepad (Or any text editor)
- Type A Title and press “Enter”
- Press “Tab” and type the contents without using “Enter”
- After the contents are complete, Press “Enter”
- Your first slide is generated, now repeat these steps to Add New Slides into your presentation.
- Save as .ppt (or any other extension, you want to run the slideshow on), and that’s doneThe nice thing about this is that you can run this presentation on any OS (Windows, Mac or Linux)
One of the most searched phrases online “How to reset Windows Administrator Password”
The most efficient way according to me is to somehow access the Command Prompt (MS-DOS) in Admin mode and reset the password for the desired User
There are many ways to do so, lets discuss some of them here in this article.
(Note: I assume you don’t wanna re-install your OS neigther do you have a password recovery disk with you, and you have access to atleast one account in this system)
Method A : Any Windows Version
Method Under Review …
Method B : Windows XP or Older Windows Version
Open command prompt and use the following commands exactly
– Copy C:\Windows\System32\logon.scr C:\Windows
– Copy C:\Windows\System32\Cmd.exe C:\Windows
– Del C:\Windows\System32\logon.scr
– Ren C:\Windows\System32\Cmd.exe logon.scr
– Restart your PC and wait at the login screen till you get the command prompt
– Now type the following commands
– Net User <username> <password>
– The next time you log into this system, you can use the password you set for the above username (preferably Admin Account)
Method C : Windows 2000 or Older Windows Version
– Type Control Userpasswords2 in the Run Dialogue Box or in the Command Prompt.
– This invokes a window which have options to reset User’s Passwords.
Method D : Windows 2000 or Older Windows Version
– You can enter into the Safe Mode By pressing F8 in the Boot Screen
– Now you might be able to see the default Administrator on the welcome screen
– Use this account to login ingto the OS and change the password for your desired user
Note: This won’t work if you created a password for this account too.
Method E : Use a third party tool to edit SAM file and reset or crack Admin Password
– Some Third Party Tools are available too, which can edit the SAM file and Reset or Crack the password.
– A list of the best of the tools coming soon on this section.
Many of the programs we use are Sharewares i.e. after a certain period of time or certain number of uses it will expire and we will be unable to use them further until we format our Hard Drive. Using these tips will allow you using 85% of sharewares after the evaluation (and yeah, without the need of formating your system)
1. Change your System’s date to the previous one during which the shareware was working and your software might work again.
There’s evenn a tool “Run As Date”, which does the same thing. Most of the shareware uses this logic so those will work fine using this method
2. Uninstall the software and remove the registry keys it created eigther manually or by using a good regcleaner (CCLeaner for instance).
Install it again and it might work.
3. Some sharewares uses a file to keep track of the evaluation period and these are mostly stored in the Windows or System32 Directories by deleting this file, you can trick the shareware’s evaluation period counter as it will be reset.
4. One more thing that you can try is to keep a backup of the whole installation directory [When you install the s/w for the first time] and when the evaluation expires, replace whole installation directory and the s/w can be reset, as some applications make use of some file in their installation root itself for the expiration calculation.
5. If a tool is small and you run it very frequently, you may prevent the application from exiting [which will be the first run only] and Hibernate your system instead of Shutting it down.
Almost all sharewares can be tricked using any of the above methods, if it doesn’t, tha most generic way always helps (Formating the system :-))
99% of the Computer Users uses Antivirus Programs to prevent their system from being affected by viruses.
But, does that really prevent their computers from viruses? What if the Antivirus is not updated and is unable to detect/delete the virus?
You have go to your vendor or any other Computer Service Centre and the most probable thing is that they will have to format your system and reinstall the OS. What if you don’t have the backup, you will lose your important data.
Let me tell you some simple steps, through which you will be able to delete almost any virus without an AntiVirus (Which will improve your system’s performance too, as AntiViruses slows it down)
Before we procede, let me tell you what a Computer Virus really is…
A Computer Virus is just a program, which is meant to :
1. Send your personal information to someone (The Virus Developer OfCourse)
2. Slowing Down your system
3. Spread it to as many system as possible(Yeah, now that’s really annoying)
And the list goes on . . .
Many Computer Virus are made to steal User’s Information, but some are there just to annoy you, they don’t steal your information but affects your system’s performance (As I remember, The Dark Knight’s Dialogue “Some people just wants to see the world burn!”)
Virus is also a program so to delete a virus is as simple as deleting a program. The problem is that virus might block the ways to delete it. It might block :
1. The Registry
2. The Task Manager
3. Prevent Displaying The Hidden Files and Folders
4. Can even block an antivirus tool
In this scenerio, what you need to do is to use An External Utility which provides all these facilities (As the block will work only for Microsoft’s products mostly using the registry), I recommend “Tune Up Utilities (Latest Version)” Many freewares are also available which will work fine “Just Google It”.
Now after installing this product Launch and try to end the unknown process from The Process Manager and see their names and note their locations (mostly viruses are copied in C:\Windows\System32\), delete the unknown entries from the Startup List.
Now restart the computer and delete those virus files you noted using the process manager.
Rather than deleting them going into the locations, delete them by searching them from “My Computer” as opening the Drives might activate them again.
Search for “autorun.inf” and delete them too.
Now your system will be free from virus.
If you are unable to delete any files due to any restriction, you can always use a Linux Live Disc to Log-in into the system and delete these files from Linux.
* This works for almost all virus programs, Some advanced virus needs further steps. Keep checking the blog for more on this soon.
Sharing is Caring, do share this if you found it helpful.